Saturday, May 21, 2016

Fibromyalgia possibly, most likely...

My rheumatologist didn't actually give a diagnosis of fibromyalgia but she keeps saying that's the pain I'm feeling.
After reading medical sites and personal stories people have posted,  I've come to the conclusion that I've actually had it for a really long time and it was made worse after surgery rather than just happened then.   That would explain why it felt like the same thing but also a new layer to it.  

Sitting up straight feels like my back is burning,  but slumping clearly isn't helpful either.   This sucks.

The rheumatologist put me on gabopenton for nerve pain and muscle spasms and muscle knots and it's helping a bit.   I don't feel so exhausted.

I'm also supposed to go back to physical therapy and focus on everything instead of just my lower back...  However I'm skeptical about how often I'll be able to get there with a lack of transportation.

I'm hoping that things get better from here now that this medication enables me to move.